Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Ranking Question Problem

Ranking Question Problem

I am having a problem with the ranking question type. I have a mood-lifter at the end where p's need to rank 10 different stories. Some are 1 sentence, some are a few sentences long. The longer ones are too long to fit into the right side and it keeps saying put them all in the box, but they don't fit entirely (and even if it goes off the board to fit, it centers it making it not fit). I don't care how they rank them at all, the data are insignificant to me, but I am hoping to eliminate as much paper as possible from my study and would like to put it on medialab. This could also be solved if there is a way to put 10 fill-in-the-blanks in one question and shorten the length of them (they only need to fit 2 numbers). Is there a way to do that or somehow get long sentences to work with the ranking, like say getting rid of the command to fit them all in before going on?

Thank you so much!! =)

This would be pretty easy using MediaLab's custom item feature. If you haven't already, take a look at the section on Custom Items in the user's guide (v2008 or later). There is also a sample in the MediaLab samples folder under "Custom Items" that could be easily modified I think to do this. It has three fill in the blank items that could be easily adapted to have 10 options. Let me know if you try it have any trouble with it.

Here is the kind of modification I'm talking about (see attached). You would need to change the v parameter in the questionnaire from v3 to v10.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Can we measure the time lapse?

Can we measure the time lapse while the participant is ranking?