Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Video Error

Video Error

[edited from support email]

I am getting a similar error on two different computers (both are Dell Dimension 5100). I am using medialab to present a set of 6 videodating profiles in a random order. The error message usually appears before I get to the sixth video. Occasionally, the error message does not appear until immediately after the sixth video is shown.

The first box that pops up says "Medialab Research Software has encountered a problem and needs to close". When I click for details, I get I get a message box that has a lengthier amount of technical information than what I sent you. That error message seems to be dividided into modules. I cannot figure out how to copy it so that I can send it to you.

The videos do start. In fact, even when the error message pops up, the videos continue to run in the background. I can even advance to the next video by pushing Ctrl and the arrow key and it will run in the background behind the error message box. Thus, the video runs, but the viewer can't see most of it because the message box is obstructing it. Medialb does not close down until I click send or don't send on the error report box. Until I click one of those two options, the video continues to run.

[continued from support email]

Thank you for taking the time to offer your suggestions for solving my video problem. In case you are interested, I solved the problem by clicking enhanced video on the preferences menu.
    And no trouble with that? That's interesting, implying maybe there is a problem with the Windows Media Player on these machines. If you get a chance, I'd be very curious to know if upgrading the WMP to the latest version solves the problem without using Enhanced Video. I ask because some users have trouble with the Enhanced Video option--e.g., hearing but not seeing the first video played in any given session.