Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Game respopnse pads

Game respopnse pads

Hi

I have a Logitech Wingman Extreme gamepad that I would like to use as a response device. It has a bunch of buttons (10 to be exact) and the ones I would like to use are numbered 7 and 8 (according to the Game Controllers control panel). However, the DirectRT doumentation only gives key codes for gamepad buttons 1-3. Is it possible to have DirectRT sense and record button presses for buttons numbered higher than 3?

thanks
    Aaron
    Last edited by AaronNewman; 09-13-2006 at 11:51 AM.

UPDATE: I figured out how to make this work, and thought I would post the solution for future reference.

I downloaded some software from Logitech's Support website (Logitech Profiler) that will allow you to re-program the buttons to send whatever codes you specify, for individual executables. In the Profiler, you browse through your computer and find the .exe file you want to associate the profile with and then program your codes.

My first attempt failed - I selected DirecRT.exe. However, when I selected ExecuteDRT.exe and associated a profile with that (telling it to send left and right mouse button clicks when the left and right trigger buttons were pressed), it worked. And there was much rejoicing.

Aaron--thanks for posting this. Yes, for those watching at home, it is executedrt.exe that handles the actual execution of DirectRT input files. DirectRT.exe, in contrast, is simply the front end user interface (i.e., the main window with the menus and such). In fact, if you like, you can double click on executedrt.exe directly in order to run a session. DirectRT.exe won't even know it happened.