Hi,

I would like to show participants, say, five products with different prices and ask them to select as many as they want (as in, shop, selecting products ~ put products in your shopping basket). In the process of selecting products I would like them to show the total price of all the products selected.
I am thinking about using “multiple responses” for this.
I also seem to understand the “calculated values” options.
However, I am unclear about three things:
1.I created a “responses.xls” – I created the columns and added variable labels. However, when running the experiment, no data is saved in that file. The program creates its own files and seems to ignore “responses.xls.” Any thoughts?
2.A second point is that to calculate the total of multiple responses, I need to define “sub-variables”. A variable “Test” with four response options yields four sub variables “Test_1” “Test_2” etc. In the reported .csv file, medialab creates these variables by itself. However, in !currentsession.xls and 1.xls these sub-variables are not created ….. then how can I determine the total value of all the products selected….?
3.Related to the above…. how can a create unique values for each product? That is, how do I save say “$1.50” for product 1, “$2.99” for the second, etc. and then use these value to calculate to total price of the products selected?

OK, thanks for any direction you can provide!

Koert