Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Image size does not seem correct

Image size does not seem correct

[edited from support email]

In DirectRT, I cannot seem to get my images (including animated gifs) to diplay at the correct size. I have tried changing the size of the actual images, changing the resolution in the style file, and various permutations. The resolution size of the screen is 800x600. The images, when presented, are too small – there is a large black screen area around them and the images are centered, but too small. I have tried making the images 1024x768, 800x600, and smaller also, but nothing works. How can get them to simply display at the actual size that I make them?

Are you by chance using an LCD monitor?

monitor

No, it's just a regular monitor.

Is there any size of image that will properly fill the screen? if not, send us a copy of the input file, a sample image, and the style file and we'll take a look.

[edited from related support email]

I have a question about how to fix the presentation of an image in DirectRT. My study runs DirectRT from Medialab. I've set up my DirectRT input file to have images brought up randomly ($) from various StimLists. Sadly, all the images are appearing far too large and do not fit in the screen (i.e., only part of the photo is visible and the rest of the image lies outside the computer screen's edges). I can see how to change the location of an image, but not how to set the size of an image. I have over 280 images that are to be presented and the idea of having to resize them all individually seems daunting, so I'm hoping DirectRT has a way of specifying the image size - is this the case, and if so, how?

Check your style (.drt) file. Open it and click "Options". Check the display size and see if it seems appropriate. If you increase it (say from 800x600 to 1024x768, etc), does that have the effect of "decreasing" the size of your images?