Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: audio file

audio file

I added an audio file to my questionnaire and it worked awesome for the previous study that I ran. Now, I was wondering if it is possible to have that same audiotape play in another survey, but the participant be able to pause the audiotape, the time be recorded at which they paused it, then have the participant answer a couple of questions. They then need to beable to start the audiotape again but from the point which they paused it. Then possibly beable to record another time which they pause it later on.

Is this possible, or do I need to create a custom item for this? If so, how would I do that?

Thanks so much,
    Jessica
    Last edited by jarvis24; 08-17-2006 at 05:02 PM.

There is no ready made function in ML for something like this. My guess is that a custom java item would be your best bet. If you have access to a web programmer it would not be too tough. Ask for a java routine to display a button that starts and stops a sound file while enabling and disabling various response fields. Have the programmer post the data you want to keep when the item is done and MediaLab will intercept it so long as the variable names are included in your experiment (e.g., as dummy custom items). Let me know if you try it--would love to see it.
    -Blair