Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Chart with

Chart with

I'm trying to make a condition in which participants think their computers are connected with those of two other participants in different rooms. They are asked to rate their preferences for working with each of the other two participants on a 9 point scale. Afterwards, I have a timed slide which tells them the answers are being scored, and then would like to have a slide that shows a chart with the image of them and the other two along the side and the top, showing what response each player gave for wanting to work with the other two. The responses of the two other players will be constant, meaning every participant will see that the other two always gave the same answers for work preference. However, I would like to be able to insert the participant's responses into the chart, as they will obviously know what responses they gave originally. Is this possible?

Thanks a ton!
    Kody

Hm - This is definitely possible using MediaLab's ability to work with variables. Depending on how you store the response that you want re-displayed to the users, you could either use the value that the variable for that trial generates, or use MediaLab's advanced features to communicate with an excel worksheet that will have an easier time customizing the strings to be used.

More information on MediaLab's advanced features can be found here:
    http://www.empirisoft.com/medialab/h...d_features.htm

After you read through the above, let me know if you still need more help - I would be glad to work with you to get this setup.