Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Help with slider

Help with slider

I downloaded the revised version of the slider file to create visual analog scales for a questionnaire. Everything is great, but I was wondering if there some code that could prevent participants from advancing from one slider to the next until they physically move the slider?

The way the slider is set up now, the slider is always on 50, and it is possible for participants to just click "continue" straight through the entire questionnaire, answering "50" to every VAS question. Is there a way to not make the continue button show up until after they have moved the slider?

Hm - is the slider being used part of a custom item? If so, you should be able to completely control when the user moves forward.

Could you perhaps post the files that you're currently using?

I'm just using the revised slider file that Jarvis posted on this support site. I should technically be able to control how the user progresses during any question type, but because the "Continue" button in the slider file is actually part of the javascript code I don't know how to modify it.

Ah - if you would like, I could take a look at the javascript file for you. Simply post it here and I'll give it a look.

This is the file I'm working with. The slider works well; I just want to put some sort of restriction so that the option to click "Continue" doesn't become available until the slider is physically moved. The way that this file is set up, a participant can click "continue" straight through every question without actually moving the slider in response to the question.
    Attached Files Attached Files