Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Movie Files

Movie Files

What types of movie files does Empirisoft support?

Would this question be in regards to MediaLab or DirectRT?

MediaLab: Quoted from the help manual - http://www.empirisoft.com/medialab/help/queitemtype.htm#movie
    By default, MediaLab will play any video file that is supported by the Windows Media Player. This typically includes .mpg, .avi, .asf, .wmv, .dat, and .mpv video formats. So long as your are not running MediaLab on Windows 95 or NT you may also take advantage of MediaLab's enhanced video functionality by selecting this option on the Preferences menu. Doing so may allow you also present QuickTime (.mov) and Real (.ra, .rm) video formats (see note below)

Note: MediaLab uses the Windows Media Player for its video playback engine. If you check the Use Enhanced Video option under Preferences, MediaLab will use an alternate custom engine that may provide playback for some formats that can not be handled by WMP (e.g., some QuickTime and Real video formats). In general, it is recommended to NOT use this option unless you have to. If you do choose to try this option, it is best to have the latest versions of QuickTime and/or Real Player also installed on your system.
    DirectRT: Quoted from the help manual - http://www.empirisoft.com/directrt/help/directrt_stim.htm
    DirectRT will display video (e.g., mpg, avi), animation (e.g., gif) and other files that contain visual motion. It will display them with a high degree of precision in both time and location on the screen. The easiest way to tell if DirectRT will play your file is to open the Windows Media Player (WMP) on your machine and try to run the file--if it plays then it should be fine with DirectRT. Note that newer versions of the Windows Media Player do not support QuickTime. QuickTime Pro converts mov files to avi and mpg if your files are already in this format.
    Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if I can help in any way.
    Last edited by Trevor Newell; 10-29-2009 at 10:03 AM.