Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Microsoft VB. Run-time error '6068' AND "busy component"

Microsoft VB. Run-time error '6068' AND "busy component"

Hello,

I'm working on a computer of my university and have a very odd problem: When I'm logged in as administrator I get two problem messages when starting a program (which runs without any problems in a second lab):

1. "An action cannot be completed because a component (Microsoft Word) is busy. Choose "Switch to" to activate the component and correct the problem."

2. A window pops up whcih is labelled with "Microsoft Visual Basic: Run-time error '6068': Programmatic Access to Visual Basic Project is not trusted."

When I'm logged in as alternative user those problems don't appear but instead of those I get the run-time error "13" when I try to open the Experiment Editor. I even tried to reinstall MediaLab but it doesn't work! I hope someone can help me out.

Thanks in advance!
    Horst

Hi Horst,

What OS are you running on? Have you checked to make sure the permissions are set properly when logged in as that user?
    The third issue you noted should be able to be fixed by trying out a few solutions in the following thread: http://www.empirisoft.com/support/showthread.php?t=2428

What version of MediaLab are you using?

Regards,
    Trevor

Hi Trevor,

thanks for your help! I'm using MediaLab v2008. The OS is Windows XP. Sorry for not having mentioned that.

What do you mean exactly by "permissions are set properly"? We have three labs. In all of them I installed MediaLab and entered the code. In two of the labs all computers are working fine - no matter which user is logging in. Only in one of them I have those problems. Do I have to set special permissions within MediaLab?

The third issue couldn't be solved be pasting the "Experiment Editor"-folder as suggested in the other thread. Neither did a new installation work out.

Regards,
    Horst