Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: BackDoc?

BackDoc?

MediaLab .que files show a column (field) labeled "BackDoc". What exactly does this do? I ran a search for "BackDoc" on both the online Help and the .pdf manual and found nothing, and a search on the forum only finds a mention in passing at http://www.empirisoft.com/Support/showthread.php?t=662. Not only that, but the Details view does not even show a field for BackDoc, only fields for Background (i.e., BackImage), Backsound, and Backvideo.

One imagines that BackDoc would allows us to use some arbitray document file (.txt? .html? .doc? .wpd?) as an element in a questionnaire item, which could be really useful. However I tried this and got no effect. Please advise. Thanks.

-- David McFarlane, Professional Faultfinder

Oh, in case it helps, this is with MediaLab version 2008.1.11.

Turns out that using a .html file with BackImage (as documented) does pretty much what I wanted to do with BackDoc. Still, it would be nice to clarifity what the BackDoc field does, or if that has not been implemented it would be nice to remove it so as to reduce the potential for confusion.

Thanks,
    -- David McFarlane, Professional Faultfinder

Thanks David, and I agree--it was added when the initial structure of the questionnaire file was designed (1996?), but then was never used. Will try to have it removed for the next version so it doesn't have the potential to cause any confusion.