Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Experiment only works for my login account

Experiment only works for my login account

[edited from support email]

I have programmed a study that works perfectly when I am logged onto the computer under my opwn account. However, whenever anyone is logged in as someone other than myself, there are two problems that come up. The first is that the .mlp file I have set up to change the font on one questionnaire does not work. The second is that after someone types in a free recall response, a box pops up that says "Run-time error '75'. Path/File access error." Furthermore, after this has happened and MediaLab has shut down, when I go to open the Experiment Editor again, all the questionnaire and expiriment files for that particular study appear to be empty. Do you know what might be happening and how it might be fixed?

Other users will be able to run your experiment but they will need read/write access to the main MediaLab folder as well as your experiment folder--e.g., it sounds as though these accounts may have read-only access to your shared drive.

See also:
    http://empirisoft.com/support/showthread.php?t=214

[edited from support email--same issue but added the following]

Also, when I try to launch the Experimenter Editor I get 'Run-time Error 3051:' Similar thing seems to happen with DirectRT.

[response from user when referred to this thread]
    That was the same problem I was having. Just had my IT people come out of there this after. They set up the access you describe for MediaLab and DirectRT and that seems to have done the trick. Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by jarvis24; 02-16-2007 at 07:35 AM.