Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Referencing DirectRT

Referencing DirectRT

Hi,
    I was just wondering how to reference Direct RT in text and in my final reference list, or is it only necessary to reference it in text?
    As an example, one paper referenced ''software developed by the first author on the experiment-generating package, SuperLab Pro (Version 2.02;
    Cedrus Corporation; San Pedro, CA)''-with no reference in the final reference list on the end.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks, Nancy

The following link should help out a bit:
    http://www.empirisoft.com/support/showthread.php?t=18

Let me know if you have any other questions.

In-text reference

Hi,
    Yep that helps, I was just also wondering about the in-text reference. I used this as an example: SuperLab Pro (Version 2.02; Cedrus Corporation; San Pedro, CA) and came up with:
    DirectRT (Version 2008.1.13; Empirisoft Corporation, New York, NY)
    OR would it just be DirectRT (Version 1.13; Empirisoft Corporation, New York, NY)and is there a specific part of New York that I reference (like the San Pedro in the above example) instead of New York, NY?
    Thanks in advance, Nancy

I'll have Blair help out with this question; however I believe it would be the first item you presented: DirectRT (Version 2008.1.13; Empirisoft Corporation; New York, NY)

I would double check the APA manual but I believe Trevor is correct. And, yes, New York, NY is appropriate.