Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Authorization code frequently needs to be re-entered

Authorization code frequently needs to be re-entered

Hi all,

We are having difficulties with MediaLab on just one of our several computers. About every 2-4 weeks, medialab will prompt us to re-enter the authorization code. This isn't the problem of the numbers changing each time MediaLab opens; we use the same code each time to allow MediaLab to run. It is always the same user name that opens the computer so I don't know why it sometimes needs the authorization code again.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Hm. I haven't heard of this issue arising before.

What version of MediaLab are you running?
    What OS are you running?

We are using the newer 2008 version, XP. It's odd because we have three other computers that are set up the same and it is only one of these computers that is showing this problem!

Thanks!
    Kendra

So when this happens, the D8... code in the code form appears as it always has? Does the 5 or 6 digit number that you need to enter reset to 0? Or is there a different number that appears there?

It's always the same number that pops up which means we always can enter the same code; the number never changes and the original access number we received always works to open up MediaLab. We did have to go through an issue in the past with the number changing every time we opened it but followed directions listed on these boards (thanks everyone!) to appropriately grant administrator access.

It's really an odd problem as we've never run into on any of the other computers we use! Do you think a removal and re-install might be worth the effort?

Just to be clear--in the space where the 5-6 digit number (e.g., 37465) usually gets entered--do you see a "0" in there when this happens?

humm....tough to say from memory but I believe so. The next time it happens hopefully we will be able to double check but I feel like it does have a 0.

I would suggest deleting the file license2008.dll from the main MediaLab folder-it may have somehow become corrupted. When you start the program again, a new license file will be generated. This fresh license file will prompt you for a new code--just send it to us and we'll give you the updated authorization number. Hopefully that will fix it.