Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Having files located in the data folder

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Having files located in the data folder

I have participants type in an open-ended response, in media lab, which is recorded in the data file that is subsequently created. I then want directRT to locate this file and display it....the problem is that I need the .csv program to be in the same folder as the file I want to be displayed....However, this is not possible since the .txt file is created in a new folder (data folder). How can I solve this problem?

...Or, more simply, how can I have participants type in an open ended response in media lab and have that same response flashed before them in a priming procedure later on (in directRT)?

Are you uisng an Essay for the open ended item? If, instead, you use a fill-in-the blank it might be easier. If you specify a file name ending with .txt for a scale response or fill-in-the-blank item, the subject’s response to the question will be written to that text file preceded by a ~. The file can be located anywhere. Then other programs like DirectRT have the option of reading and acting on this information. It was particularly intended for use with DirectRT so that responses provided by subjects could be used as stimuli in an embedded DirectRT session.