Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Calculation of Response Time

Calculation of Response Time

We are trying to calculate a response time for our subjects, but I’m not sure that the program is calculating the time that I want. We are recording a participant’s voice response to a voice stimulus. What we want is the amount of time elapsed from the end of the voice stimulus, to the beginning of their voice response. I see that the program is computing a response time from the end of the stimulus to the end of the voice response (and recording that, which we also want), but is there any way to subtract out the actual voice response – and just end up with the amount of “thinking” time that our participant is doing? I can do this by going into our audio program, but was hoping there was a quicker way to get this information through your program.
    Last edited by jarvis24; 06-19-2006 at 12:18 PM.

VoiceRTs actually are calculated from the beginning of the participant's voice response. Normally, it the the amount of time between the onset of the stimulus (not the end) until the first sound is detected through the microphone. You would need to subtract out the length of the sound clip if you were intersted in the thinking time that occurred only after the voice stimulus had played to completion.