Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Concurrent Multiple Response Feedback

Concurrent Multiple Response Feedback

I'm not sure why this isn't working: I want to be able to have subjects type 4 letters and have each displayd at a specific location on the screen until all responses have been collected.

As an example of what I'm trying to do I've pasted the end of a row(trial) below, it may or may not be clear when this posts but in the loc column I specify X,Y,0 so as to leave the previous stim on the screen BUT this doesn't work for "feedback" ~ all the other stim stay on the screen but the feedback is cleared as soon as the next feedback is placed on the screen. I don't want to use an open ended response field if I can avoid it because the positions of the items on screen matters to the experiment.

stim ------- loc --- time - stim - loc ---- time ----- stim ----- loc -- time
    feedback -- x,y,0 - 0 ---- ~ --- 0,0,0 -- rt:any --- feedback - x,y,0 - 2000

Thanks,
    Nate

Nate, can you post a basic sample input file? I'll try running it here and see if I can replicate the problem and offer some advice.

Quote Originally Posted by jarvis24 View Post
    Nate, can you post a basic sample input file? I'll try running it here and see if I can replicate the problem and offer some advice.
    Hi Jarvis: thanks for the reply, here is a one line file that should show 3 letters (A, B, C) at the same spot and then the word RECALL. After that the screen is blank and I want the next 3 key presses to show up on the screen together (but in different locations). As it stands right now they appear at appropriate locations but they clear the screen each time. I don't actually care about collecting RT on these trials, they will be mixed with other trials on which RT will be important, but as long as I can display the keypresses nicely I'm happy.

It would be nice for subjects to be able to use backspace as well but I don't imagine that is possible with this setup. I'd thought to use the open ended response box for this purpose but I don't want a popup ....

Best,
    Nate
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi Nate,

I've tried out your input file on the 2008 version of DirectRT, and can confirm that a bug does indeed exist.
    If you currently have a license for DirectRT 2008, I can let you try out a beta for our 2010 copy of DirectRT. When I tested the input file on the beta, everything seemed to run smoothly.

Tell me if this sounds acceptable and I'll send you over a link.

Regards,
    Trevor

Hi Trevor - thanks for the prompt reply! That is perfectly acceptable to me.

Thanks,
    Nate

Quote Originally Posted by newell View Post
    Hi Nate,

I've tried out your input file on the 2008 version of DirectRT, and can confirm that a bug does indeed exist.
    If you currently have a license for DirectRT 2008, I can let you try out a beta for our 2010 copy of DirectRT. When I tested the input file on the beta, everything seemed to run smoothly.

Tell me if this sounds acceptable and I'll send you over a link.

Regards,
    Trevor

Multiple Feedback Responses (not replacing)

We are having the same problem with trying to have several feedback responses appear on the same page. Participants are pressing 5 keys, and we want the feedback of each key to appear (and stay) on the screen. We are using "0" to suggest not to remove the previous stimulus...but each feedback response is replaced with the next one (e.g., Feedback of 5 appears, but then when the next button is pressed...5 disappears and the next feedback takes it's place).

Has it been confirmed that the 2010 version is fixing this? We are in need of this feedback feature for our experiment. Please help!

I have attached a file that my student is working with. We are just testing line 6 to see if we can figure this out...but the feedback will not stay on the page.
    Attached Files Attached Files