Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Web pages and HTML produce white screen

Web pages and HTML produce white screen

[edited from support email]

I'm having difficulty with using a webpage in MediaLab. I plan to create a survey in Survey Solutions and use that URL as a line in the MediaLab questionnaire, but before I go ahead and program that, I want to be sure it's going to function, so I tried just using Google's homepage as the URL to see how it worked. I list the url as the file name and all I get is a white screen with the regular "continue" button at the bottom. The curser does turn into the working hourglass, but nothing happens (I waiting like 10 minutes just to see, but nothing). Explorer is the default browser on my computer if that means anything, and I tried both with and without the "http://". Other urls result in the same white nothingness, but a local file gets the "page cannot be displayed" error.
    Last edited by jarvis24; 06-05-2006 at 12:05 PM.

[edited from support email - user follow-up]

My computer finally decided to tell me what the problem was! My Norton Internet Security software told me that MediaLab was trying to connect to a DNS server and recommended I block it. I said no I guess if you do something often enough even software can take the hint and offer you a choice!