Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Custom HTML item doesn't display in v2004

Custom HTML item doesn't display in v2004

Hi,

I'm using an html form in a questionnaire with version 2004. Because I need to give it <ml.wording> and collect responses, I'm using the "Custom" item type (as opposed to the "HTML" item type).

Whenever I get to the part of the questionnaire that uses the html form, I just get a blank display. The questionnaire worked with v2006, so this seems to be a problem since I've had to downgrade to v2004. Does v2004 handle custom html item types differently?

(Note: for anyone who saw my other recent posting, this is an entirely separate issue from my other post about a computer always starting with a blank screen).

v2004 didn't use HTML for custom items. The old method used to allow you try write custom executable files (exes) that could be run and could communicate with MediaLab re data and such. HTML and HTML forms turned out to be a vastly more intuitive way to develop custom items. So, this means if you run a custom item that was generated with HTML (e.g., for v2006 and later) then it is probably not going to work in v2004. Why did you have to downgrade to v2004? Just curious.

Hi,

My department has a license for v2004, however when I started using ML I thought it was v2006, and I was accidentally given license codes for v2006 for several computers, which is what I initially created and ran my experiments on. Now I have several other computers which I run ML on, and have had to use the v2004 on those.

I'm pushing for an upgrade