Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Report a response to the experimenter at end of session

Report a response to the experimenter at end of session

[edited from support email]

In a questionnaire to be administered at the local health department, there is a question about partner abuse, and the clinic wanted there to be a notification so that they could immediately know if the response to this answer was yes, after the participant completed the survey. The only way I thought of to do this was to use a skip-to and have two versions of the entire experiment following that question with different endings after a slide notifying the participant that the experiment was done.

I was wondering if there was an easier way to do this though, and possibly a way where a notification would pop up after the program terminated specifiying the answer.
    Last edited by jarvis24; 02-11-2009 at 02:45 PM.

There are few ways to do this. The easiest, I think, would be to ask the question using a "scale response" item type and then, on the final item of the session, you could embed the response from that item in the question wording. e.g., if the test question variable name were "q13" then later on you could display an item with the wording "the response to question 13 was <q13>"

Additionally, you could also insert a password screen before that item so participants couldn't see it (see the x parameter when using an Instruction item for details).

Great to hear. Any chance you could zip and post your que (or a modified version of it) here in case somebody else comes across a similar challenge? If not, no worries--glad it worked out and thanks for the update!