Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Can DirectRT do all these things?

Can DirectRT do all these things?

Hi,

I am new to presentation software in general so please forgive my ignorance because maybe these questions have obvious answers for most people.

How does the response time from a mouse compare to that from a button box on DirectRT?

Can the software deliver each audio stimuli contingent on the last response if my files are set up correctly? (ie., not blocks of stimuli but each stimuli)?

Can it manage input from a signal generator?

I see capabilities for recording voice responses to hard disk on the computer. I am assuming that it is able to measure both reaction time and record the voice responses - at the same time, is that correct?

Thank you to anyone who has the answers to one or more of these questions!

All question are welcome, so let's see what we can do for you..

How does the response time from a mouse compare to that from a button box on DirectRT?
    A great first question! Depends (of course, right?). Mice can vary considerably depending on the make/model and type of connection (e.g., USB vs. serial). Our button boxes and keyboards are all accurate to a millisecond.

If you decide to go with a mouse, it might help you to know there was an article published on mouse input accuracy a while back. See: http://www.empirisoft.com/support/showthread.php?t=741

That post also discusses mouse accuracy in more detail.

Can the software deliver each audio stimuli contingent on the last response if my files are set up correctly? (ie., not blocks of stimuli but each stimuli)?
    You mean contingent on keyboard/mouse/box responses? Yes. Contingent on voice response *content*, no.

Can it manage input from a signal generator?
    Such as TTL's? Yes.

I see capabilities for recording voice responses to hard disk on the computer. I am assuming that it is able to measure both reaction time and record the voice responses - at the same time, is that correct?
    Yes.

Hope that helps you get started, and of course, you are welcome to try the software for free for a few weeks if you like. Just send an email to service@empirisoft.com with your request.
    Last edited by jarvis24; 02-11-2009 at 03:36 PM.