Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: minimizing the black border

minimizing the black border

I'm trying to get rid of the black border that encompasses the edges of the computer screen. I tried using the (w-1) but the border is still pretty large.

I'm presenting a series of screen shot of the desktop of the computer so that participants think that media lab has closed and that they are now watching am Instant Message conversation between two other people.

It would be more believable if I could get rid of the black border.

Thanks for any suggestions,

Nathan
    Last edited by sailor42; 02-05-2009 at 02:11 PM. Reason: editing

I believe we added that recently as an option but just for custom items, see:

http://www.empirisoft.com/support/showthread.php?p=5082

So if you can present your images as custom items then you could use the (w-1) method.

You might also be able to present the images using a Movie item rather than an image or other item. The Movie item type also allows for the (w-1) to achieve full screen and I think the Windows Media Player video engine will take an image as a stimulus. I've never tried that for this kind of purpose but thought I'd mention it.

Still not working

Dear Dr Jarvis,

Unfortunately, this doesn't solve the problem. Using a Custom item, and putting the image in an html file still make a small black bottom frame appear (when using the (w-1) parameter).
    Using the Movie item and putting a jpg file works very well, but then the (d) parameter crashes.
    I personally would need to display a picture full screen for 10 seconds and then switch automatically to a question. The Movie item seem to be the solution but then (d10) makes it crash...
    Any hints?

Thanks,

Mathias Theunis

Can you attach a copy of your image and que file? And please let me know what resolution you are using in your test sessions (safe to assume the image size matches the screen resolution?). I'll try to replicate the issue here.

Thanks a lot for your response. Indeed screen and image resolution correspond. As I needed a fast solution, I reduced my images to 844x641 in order for them to be displayed in an "image" item with a 1024x768 screen. With a black background and fixed duration, the black border isn't visible, I only have a black frame all around.
    Hoping the next version will take into account the need for images to be displayed full screen easily.

Best,

Mathias Theunis

Glad to hear you found a solution (and a creative one). If I could sometime get a copy of the image, que, and HTML files, I'll try to replicate the problem here and get it fixed for the next version.