Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Randomize image between subjects

Randomize image between subjects

Hello,
    I have a couple questions:
    1) I am creating an experiment and want to display text and images on the same screen. However, I would like to randomize images between subjects. Thus, subjects would all see the same text, but images would be randomized between subjects.

2) Is is possible to create an experiment that would display a graph randomized between subjects and different distributions of the graph randomized within subjects.

Thanks!

It could be done with some work (using custom items or embedded HTML), but it would be really easy to do in DirectRT--do you have access to it? It could also be done quite easily if the image could precede the text page.

Thanks for the reply. At the moment, I do not have access to DirectRT. I guess I could have the image precede the text and give participants the option to return back so they can refer to the image. If I set up the experiment this way, would it be the easiest way to address my second question:
    Is is possible to create an experiment that would display a graph randomized between subjects and different distributions of the graph randomized within subjects?
    Thanks!

The between subject part would have to be done by assigning different sets of images to different condition IDs. That has to be done by you because MediaLab doesn't randomly assign subjects to between subject conditions automatically (for various reason outlined in the users guide). However, given a set of different distribution images, you could have MediaLab randomly pick one from each set. See (esp. the advanced hints):

http://www.empirisoft.com/medialab/help/queskipto.htm

Thanks, I'll take a look.

Direct RT

Hi,
    I now have access to DirectRT, and I'm beginning to familiarize myself with it. Could you please provide instructions (or a link to them) regarding how to approach my questions 1 and 2.
    Many thanks.