I am having an issue using the automatic continuation feature.

I want to record multiple RTs within a single trial that lasts a set period of time. So for example, I want to record every time the participant presses -space- within a 20 second trial length. I have set the maximum amount of time for the trial using the MinMax feature (0-20000!!) in the styles editor. I am using !! because I want to go to the next trial once the Max time has been reached and I want to skip the remainder of events within the trial if the max time is reached. I have coded multiple events within the trial to record button presses like this (many more than the participant might use):

~ 0,0,0 rt:57

My issue is that if there's *no* response (i.e. don't press the space bar), the trial will end after 20 seconds. However, if there *is* a response (say, 5 seconds after the trial starts), the trials ends 20 seconds *after* the response (so the whole trial lasts 25 seconds). This is NOT what I want. I want the trial to last a total of 20 seconds regardless of what the participant responds (multiple responses or none).

Why is automatic continuation not working as I would like? It seems like it's only starting when a response occurs but I want the timing to start at the start of the trial and then stop exactly 20 seconds later. Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated.

My example input file is attached.Example Paradigm.csv