Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Following the First Tutorial

Following the First Tutorial

Hi,
    I've being trying to follow the On-Line tutorial (MediaLab v. 2008) to learn how to use the software. To run the first sample experiment I'm supposed to open Sample1.exp. I follow the steps in order:
    Run -> Select and Run Experiment then I go to C:/MediaLab and double click on Sample1.exp.
    The software then sends an error: Run-Time error '75': Path/File access error.
    I also tried a different option (questionnaire), but I only got a different type of error.
    I can't figure out what's the problem. How can I proceed?

Thanks!

If this is a brand new installation, then that's a very odd error to get. Hmm. Have you verified that the files do in fact exist there--e.g., if you go to "My Computer" on the desktop and navigate to "C:\MediaLab\Samples\Sample1" do you see sample1.exp, selfesteem.que and intro.pps in there?

Yes, I'm sure. The steps I follow are the following:

Run/ select and run experiment

my computer -> local disc C: -> MediaLab folder -> Samples folder -> sample 1 folder -> double click in sample1.exp

It is the only file I can see in that folder when following these instructions... then, I get the error.

By the way. When using Windows Explorer I see those three files: intro.pps, sample1.exp and self-esteem.que.

If you right click on the Samples folder (in Windows Explorer) and select Properties and then Security--can you verify that you have full user control of the folder and files within it?

Ok, that's the problem. I don't have full control over the folder. I'll have to ask the administrator to activate it. Let me try it and I'll let you now how it goes.

Great. It seems it worked. Thanks!

Great, thanks for the update!