Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: DirectIN high speed keyboard sampling rate issue

DirectIN high speed keyboard sampling rate issue

Hello, we bought a high speed keyboard from Empirisoft in 2011 and used it successfully with computers running Windows XP. We recently started a new project but the keypresses seem to be registered every 30ms instead of 1ms: Histograms of the inter-keypress intervals are binned (with ~30ms intervals). I wonder if this might be due to compatibility issues, as we are using computers with windows 7 and windows 10. We can no longer use computers running XP. Any advice/help would be much appreciated.

Hi Cigir,

This is the first I've heard of any report like that. Because of the age of the KB, I suspect it may need a firmware update. I'll talk to our hardware engineer today and find out why you might be seeing a result like that.

Blair
    Last edited by jarvis24; 07-08-2019 at 12:37 PM.

Thank you for the quick response Blair. We would be happy to try a firmware update. Would it help identify the problem if I sent you the histograms or the code for collecting key-press data, or any other information?

Hi Cigir,

We tested our units and all seems ok with Windows 7 and 10. Do you have a way of measuring latency PRIOR to Windows 10 getting its handle on the signal? If not, contact us directly at service@empirisoft.com. We can definitely try a firmware update.

Blair

I can't (don't have the know-how to) get the latencies before the signals reach Windows 10 but I will try to get help from IT people around me and post any results we might get here. In the mean time, I sent an email to the address provided in order to give the firmware update a try. Thank you!