Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: DirectIN high speed keyboard sampling rate issue

DirectIN high speed keyboard sampling rate issue

Hello, we bought a high speed keyboard from Empirisoft in 2011 and used it successfully with computers running Windows XP. We recently started a new project but the keypresses seem to be registered every 30ms instead of 1ms: Histograms of the inter-keypress intervals are binned (with ~30ms intervals). I wonder if this might be due to compatibility issues, as we are using computers with windows 7 and windows 10. We can no longer use computers running XP. Any advice/help would be much appreciated.

Hi Cigir,

This is the first I've heard of any report like that. Because of the age of the KB, I suspect it may need a firmware update. I'll talk to our hardware engineer today and find out why you might be seeing a result like that.

Blair
    Last edited by jarvis24; 07-08-2019 at 12:37 PM.

Thank you for the quick response Blair. We would be happy to try a firmware update. Would it help identify the problem if I sent you the histograms or the code for collecting key-press data, or any other information?

Hi Cigir,

We tested our units and all seems ok with Windows 7 and 10. Do you have a way of measuring latency PRIOR to Windows 10 getting its handle on the signal? If not, contact us directly at service@empirisoft.com. We can definitely try a firmware update.

Blair

I can't (don't have the know-how to) get the latencies before the signals reach Windows 10 but I will try to get help from IT people around me and post any results we might get here. In the mean time, I sent an email to the address provided in order to give the firmware update a try. Thank you!

Yes, any details regarding your testing methods and results would be super helpful. I will email you privately and we can set that up with John (our hardware engineer).

Blair

Quote Originally Posted by Cigir Kalfaoglu View Post
    I can't (don't have the know-how to) get the latencies before the signals reach Windows 10 but I will try to get help from IT people around me and post any results we might get here. In the mean time, I sent an email to the address provided in order to give the firmware update a try. Thank you!
    What's your success with the high-speed keyboard on Windows 10?

Hi Kenny, we haven't been experiencing any issues with the keyboards on Windows 10. Some of the older models need firmware updates. Depending on the age of the keyboards (we've been making them for many years) this can be done either remotely or by returning them to us. Feel free to contact us directly with any questions you might have at support@empirisoft.com. -Blair