Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Gnat

Gnat

Hello. I am trying to run a GNAT study using Direct RT. Does anyone know if there is a GNAT template available? Also, my main problem that I am having is that I cannot get the computer to recognize correct and incorrect responses for stimuli since I am only using the space bar as the response key. If the correct response is to hit the space bar, then the x will pop up if the person answers incorrectly. However, if the correct response is to hit nothing, and the space bar is hit, the computer considers that as a correct response. Does anyone have any suggestions to offer me or perhaps a GNAT sample that would help me to overcome this obstacle? Thank you very much!
    - Carey

Received many requests for this. I've started putting one together (see link below). The strange looking cells in it are:
    Code:

rt:57,-1<-999 
    rt:-1,57<-999
    57 as usual is the keycode for the spacebar. -1 is the new code used to represent no response. <999 normally means jump to trial 999 when the trial is over and then resume. In v2006, you can add a negative sign as in <-999 to jump NOW without finishing the trial. The subject never sees the rest of the trial. 999 is the X. So if you don’t jump immediately to 999 (and get the X) then you get the O which is at the end of each trial.

Hope that makes sense. No guarantees as far as the design of the GNAT goes, but I think it's a good start. If anyone makes some fixes to this, let me know and I'll post them here.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Update August 6, 2007:

For a more recent post on this, see: http://www.empirisoft.com/support/showthread.php?t=180