Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Changes/updates in MediaLab v2008.x

Changes/updates in MediaLab v2008.x

Blair et. al.,

Have you listed on the website or in a pdf the changelog, updates or new functionality present in v2008.x? My boss is interested in testing out v2008 on a couple laptops to see if there are any significant improvement over v2004, which is what we're currently using now. I'm most interested in whether there is more grainular control over the screen display or style settings, more control over skipping (conditional branching) from a question item in one que. to a question item in another .que without using the Excel spreadsheet, the ability to porgram behaviors in MediaLab with some sort of programming API, and the ability to put more than one thought listing text field on screen at a time. Also has there been any breakthroughs with connecting a MediaLab system with EEG/EMG or any other psychphys equipment to capture physiological data while asking participants questions? I seem to remember a TTY module that was created in v2006, but couldn't easily figure out how to make it work with any available equipment.

Mario Giorno
    Research Tech.
    Annenberg School for Communication
    Univ. of Penn.
    mgiorno@asc.upenn.edu

Mario,

The change logs can be found here: http://www.empirisoft.com/support/showthread.php?t=938

If it's not in there, then it hasn't been changed or added. Do of course feel free to add requests here:
    http://www.empirisoft.com/support/forumdisplay.php?f=6

From the sound of your questions, I think you might be especially interested in the custom item developments we made--you can do pretty much anything you want in terms of customizability if you can program it using HTML, Javascript etc. and have those data saved with the rest of your MediaLab data. As far as psychophys stuff, email John and he can help you with connectivity questions.