Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Multiple Questions per Questionnaire?

Multiple Questions per Questionnaire?

Is it possible to make a questionnaire that asks more than one question? I am trying to enter a survey with multiple scale response items. Do I have to make a new questionnaire for each item or can I construct it so that each questionnaire can be a seperate survey?

That's actually the norm, i.e., to have multiple questions within each questionnaire. See the basic sample that comes with MediaLab as an illustration (e.g., selfesteem.que). Or am I not getting your question?

similar issue

actually I have the same kind of issue. What I would like to do is to have the various items to be rated to appear on the same screen.
    Is that possible?
    thank you
    Anne

Anne-

Yes, with v2006, you can do multiple items on the same screen, but you need to know how to create forms using standard HTML. Any HTML editor will allow you to create a page with input boxes, check marks, radio buttons and that sort of thing. You can copy the code from any standard questionnaire on the internet. MediaLab will allow you to use this html in any questionnaire and it will intercept the results and save them to the data file. Do you know how to create an HTML form? If you can draft it, I'll show you how to include it.

save data

Hi, also want to have multiple items in the same page. When you say that we should be able to do a html form, does it mean including the data saving part? I can put the radio buttons and drop-down lists, but I don't know how to save the data.

Have you been able to create this form with the radio buttons? If so, post it here and I'll show you how to have MediaLab save the data.

Here it is.

I am not sure if this is what you were looking for. I didn't write any code. I just changed the properties of the radio buttons (name and caption). Do I need to write a VB code?
    Attached Files Attached Files

never mind

I got an example that you posted in another thread. I know how to do it now. Thanks.

Great--just in case anyone else ends up here, here is one such post:

www.empirisoft.com/support/showthread.php?p=727#post727

Blair

Multiple questions per screen.

[edited by moderator]

These are the kind of questions that i want to do and don't know how.

Importance
    Not at all 1 2 3 4 5 Very important

Likelihood
    Very low 1 2 3 4 5 Very high
    Last edited by jarvis24; 10-24-2006 at 03:13 PM.

Barbara--check out the link referred to in the reply above:
    www.empirisoft.com/support/showthread.php?p=727