Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Responses to targets/foils

Responses to targets/foils

I'm trying to set up a 2-point scale response (yes and no) using right and left shift keys. I need to have one side recorded as a correct response and the other as an incorrect response. I think SPSS can convert the data into correct hit, correct rejection, false positive and false negative based on variable names, but is there a parameter value that will let me record RT and correct/incorrect with those two keys?

Tnx much

MediaLab isn't really intended for this kind of thing although key mapping is a feature we plan to add soon. However, this kind of task is a *breeze* in DirectRT--do you have it?

Yes, we have DirectRT on both machines that we'll use in the experiment.

The plan is for a visual recognition test with 48 targets and 48 foils, then an audio recognition with the same numbers (192 items in all). All that follows a MediaLab experiment (24 questionnaires and instructions).

Would this be:

one DirectRT input csv file (with 192 entries) embedded in the MediaLab experiment

two DirectRT input files with 96 entries each?

or 192 DirectRT fiiles?

Tnx,
    Fred

Hi Fred--although you could do it with 196 DirectRT input files (just for fun) it would be pretty easy to do it with one. Just be sure to list the keycode for the correct response first on each trial--that will make for easy analysis later on. Alternatively, you can use comment columns (see help) to identify any factor levels you like. Let me know if you run into any trouble creating your input file.

-Blair