Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: incorrect response feedback

incorrect response feedback

I would like to have a response (a black "x") come up when the participant presses the incorrect key. I understand that previously the only way to do that is through jumping to a new frame and then coming back to it. However, this forces me to create a new screen. What I am wondering is if there is anyway to add the black "X" on the screen that i am indicating they responded incorrectly to? With the jumping as it is now, the screen refreshes, which takes a moment, and then shows the "X". Is there anyway to add
    it right on the screen itself? Just like the incorrect.txt shows up, but without having to push the correct response to move on?

maybe via trial interval

Hi,

in the "styles"-window under "options" you can set the "trial interval" to zero rather than a second or so.
    But still there might be a millimillimillisecond left - if this is, what's bothering you, sorry, than I have no idea, but maybe the administrator..

Juliaff is on to one of two possible solutions here but do read the section on trial intervals because a value of 0 can be too short if high precision is required (e.g., see http://www.empirisoft.com/directrt/h...l_interval.htm)

You might also have DirectRT skip immediately to the next trial if they get the response correct and proceed to a subsequent stimulus (x) only if they get it wrong. The following is from the user's guide on Skipping

If you have stimuli following the skip command on the same trial, DirectRT waits until the end of the trial to skip. If you want a skip to be executed mid-trial then assign a negative value to the trial ID. e.g., To break out of a trial immediately and skip to trial 100, you could indicate rt:44>-210,53>-210. Subsequent stimuli on the trial will be ignored.