Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: How to log during randomization?

How to log during randomization?

Hey all--For one stimulus, I am randomly calling an image from a text file without replacement ($), and in another stimulus, I am calling an image from a text file completely randomly (%). My question is for data analysis, how can I log which stimulus the computer selected?

The Yoking random pairs (samples\6 v2006\yoking random pairs) output files do not indicate which stimulus was used. This seems like a pretty fundamental question. I hope I haven't missed any documentation.

Thanks.

Just to preempt...I've seen the comment about settings blocks to negative values. This still does not indicate what the random images/text were that were pulled by means of '$' or '%'.

Thanks again!

Can you post your input file and log version of the data file from a sample run? Just to be sure--make certain that you are looking in the LOG version of the data file (from the log subfolder in the main data folder) and not the short form data file. It's the log version that would typically track this kind of stuff).

Blair--Thank you for the response. I was not convinced I saw my stimulus being recorded because the stim column showed the same file name (results are attached, and experiment is attached for the community's interest). It seems that with the yoking setup, my stims repeat. Any advice?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Trying starting at -1 rather than -2. i.e., with cell H3 being &pl_stained_repeat^-1 rather than &pl_stained_repeat^-2 and see if that helps.

No dice. I guess I will resort to manually entering all primary stimuli and their corresponding secondary stimuli. Thanks for the suggestions, though.

Mmm. If you'd like to zip and post your whole folder (including the stim subfolder), I'll try to run it here and see if I can produce the same result. If I can replicate it I can probably find the problem.