Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Open old questionnaires without a license?

Open old questionnaires without a license?

[edited from support email]

I hope you can help – from 2001-2004 I set up and ran the behavioral lab at the [***]. Now at my new job, I am revisiting some research where I used Media Lab ( I believe 2002 or 2004 version, not sure). We are not ready here to set up the behavioral lab here at [***] yet, but I will be managing the project within the year and you will be the chosen software provider.

In the meantime, I need to open 3 questionnaires I created and don’t know the best way to go about it. I need to see the exact sequence of questions and wording. Any chance you can give me a temporary license (like 24 hours or less) just so I can print them?

If they can be converted to word, etc. I would totally appreciate it (I had associated them with Notepad, but of course that did not work).

Thanks
    Last edited by jarvis24; 07-16-2008 at 08:20 AM.

Yes, just go ahead and install MediaLab v2008 from the download page--you do not need a license to use the questionnaire/experiment editor. If you would like a free temporary license anyways, just send the code that comes up to sales@...com. The name of the editor program is c:\medialab\experiment editor\mxedit.exe.

Handy tip: You can also rename the .que and .exp files to .mdb and open them up in Microsoft Access to edit them--they are just individual .mdb databases with renamed extensions. You can play around with them from there (most of the stuff you will want will be located in "table 1" and you may be able to convert them to Word (not sure). At the very least, I know they can be converted to Excel. If you make edits to the file (e.g., a spell check, cutting and pasting) and plan to use them again, be sure to say 'no' when asked if you want to convert the format to the most recent version of Access.

Hope that helps!