Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: How do I use Inquisit 3 with Media Lab 2004

How do I use Inquisit 3 with Media Lab 2004

I am having trouble running Inquisit 3 with Media Lab. I have the Inquisit file in the same folder as the Media Lab files. I noticed that the Inquisit file opens as a Media Lab file since they have the same 'exp' extension; is this part of the problem? The error I get when I try to run the Media Lab experiment file with the Inquisit file is: 'Run Time Error 53 File not Found'.

Any suggestions?

Does the error occur as soon as the MediaLab session starts, or when the Inquisit session is supposed to occur? Also, are you calling it as a file from your MediaLab .exp file, or as an Inquisit item from with a .que file?

How do I use Inquisit 3 with Media Lab 2004 Reply to Thread

Hello. I made sure the media lab file was calling up a media lab questionnaire file, which referenced the Inquisit script. I attached a zipped folder with two medialab questionnaire files, a medialab experiment file, an inquisit script, and pictures for the IAT. When I tried to run Media lab, with an Inquisit file, on my laptop (versus a desktop computer on which the original error appeared) the same error did not appear but the IAT did not run.

Thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I see. At first I thought it might have something to do with the path (btw, IMHO, you absolutely deserve the insane file path of the month award

I think the problem and the error is actually coming from MediaLab's inability to FIND Inquisit. It used to be that ML could automatically detect the installation path of Inquisit but now it can't. I'm not sure if this is due to a change in registry settings created by Inquisit when it's installed. I am checking with Sean Draine to see if that's the case.