Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: meta command with skipping mid-trial

meta command with skipping mid-trial

I want to use the metacommand option (for spanning a trial) with ">-" (which enables skipping mid-trial). I have tried this but it did not work. Is this functionality not included? Has anyone tried anything of this sort?

Not exactly sure what you mean--can you post your input file?

Like it says in the manual, "you might want the session to skip to a particular block after a fixed time expires--you would enter">300:60000" to tell DirectRT to skip to trial 300 after 60 seconds has elapsed from this point". Here, skipping to trial 300 occurs after the trial with the meta command is executed fully. In the terms of this example, I wanted to skip to trial 300 as soon as the current meta trial exceeds 60 seconds (no matter if it is fully executed or not).

For example, stimuli letters "A", "B", "C" are placed to appear in succession in trial 1, each of which are to be responded by pressing any key. Now, I want to skip to the trial 2 (that displays "what") as soon as 2 seconds elapse (which could be even before letter "C" gets displayed). This will in effect mean skipping mid-trial. So I tried using ">-2:2000" in the meta field which did not work.

Code:
    block -trial --meta! bgr wgr style -stim loc time --stim -loc -time --stim ---loc --time
    1 ....1 ....>-2:2000 ..0 ..0 ..1 ...~A..0,0,1..rt:any ~B .0,0,1. rt:any..~C ..0,0,1 ..rt:any.*
    1.....2....................0...0...1....~what.0,0,1..rt:any..*
    (sorry for the cluttered display above)

Can you help?
    Thanks
    Last edited by jarvis24; 07-09-2008 at 04:10 PM.

Attaching a copy of the input file would definitely be easier to read. I can say that the meta command will not kick in during a trial--only once the trial has been completed. In the ABC case, you actually could use the meta command if you were to place the A, B and C on sequential trials.