Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: responses.xls

responses.xls

I know I'm probably missing some very easy step, but I have an experiment folder containing an experiment file, which contains a questionnaire and a responses.xls file (97-2003 version of Excel). Variables in responses.xls file match those in the .que file in the experiment. The additional variable in responses.xls contains a simple SUM formula. When I run through the experiment, data do not appear in the responses.xls or in any "reports" folder within the data folder. What am I missing? Thanks.

Doesn't sound like you are doing anything wrong. Are the exp, que and xls files all in the same folder? And you've checked the data folder for a 'reports' subfolder? In any case, feel free to zip your folder and attach it. Will be happy to take a look at it for you.

I have found that ensuring "automatic updating of links" is enabled solves that problem. I had this happen before and nothing was being written to the responses.xls file...this one change solved it for me. For what it's worth, I was on a more secured network where it may have played a bigger role.

You may also need to adjust your security level (ie: go to the options section of excel, and add to your trusted locations...the directory in which the file is being referenced). I think medialab creates a temporary "responses" file before outputting the final version after running the experiment.

Hope that helps!

Thanks for the tips KAS!