Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Problems with 2nd video

Problems with 2nd video

Hello,

I'm trying to show participants a relatively long video (about 35 minutes). My editing software automatically split the video clip into two files -- one with the first 30 min and another with the last 5-6 min. The movie format is .VOB and I'm using Windows XP.

The first video plays beautifully, but when it is time to switch to the 2nd video, I get audio but no visual. I get the regular blue/lavendar ML background screen with a small colored line about 1/3 down the left side of the screen...looks like maybe the video has been super compressed into this line(?).

Even more strangely, this problem occurs in both of the following situations...
    1. When the questionnaire calls up the 1st video file and then calls up the 2nd video file immediately after it.
    2. When the questionnaire calls up the 1st video file but has no call for the 2nd file (I wanted to see if the 1st file might automatically link to the 2nd...I think it does but I still have the same problem with the video).

If you have any ideas that would be great! Thanks!

Addendum

Note: I just tried changing the .VOB files to .MPG files and still have the same problem. I have attached a screenshot of what I see when the audio for the 2nd video starts playing.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by SMUM; 06-24-2008 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Wanted to add image

Just for troubleshooting purposes--if you flip the order of the two videos, does the order of the problem also flip--or does the trouble then happen to the first (i.e., when it's played second). If it happens in the second position regardless of which clip it is try placing a simple instruction item between the two clips and see if having a delay between them helps the second one play. FYI, I noticed that if you zoom in on the image, it looks a lot like bits of colour and shapes from the old windows media player (which you can see from typing mplayer2.exe from the Run command on the Windows Start menu.

I tried switching the order of the two clips and the same problem occurred -- whichever one went first worked great and whichever one went second turned into the colored line. Inserting an instruction item between the two did work and the 2nd one worked correctly afterward. I'm going to try to set a duration parameter that minimizes the break between the two (as they are meant to be one continuous video clip). Is there a minimum value for the d parameter?

Thanks!

(d1)

You might be able to do (d0), but I can't recall off the top of my head if that will generate an error. In any case, it may not be enough of a delay anyways. I'd be really curious to hear if that does the trick!