Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Pairwise Presentation of Videos

Pairwise Presentation of Videos

Hi, I hope to find some advise on how to present video files pairwise on once screen, together with two buttons so that participants can decide which one they prefer. I had a similar request some time ago, but with image files, which was resolved as follows:

>MediaLab allows you to enter image names in place of text labels for scale
    >responses. So you could just use a 2-point scale response, each with an
    >associated image in place of the usual label. You can resize and position the
    >buttons anywhere you like.

This worked quite well with images, but I am not sure how to do it with videos.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks, Darwin

If you take a look at the second MediaLab sample, it demonstrates a variety of techniques using scale responses. The final item, I think, shows you how to use HTML in place of the usual response labels. If you can create a movie embedded in an HTML page then you could use that kind of approach for displaying a movie beside each button. try also doing a search on embed video because I think we recently posted some sample HTML showing how to embed a movie like this in a web page.

Thank you very much for your answer! I resolved it that way by referring to an html document, which uses a simple "embed" command to link the movies. HTML files have to be created of course for each single movie, but once this is done (and it is not time consuming as just the file names change), they can be linked as text labels to the scale response buttons. I was not sure about the timing (loading time), but also this works quite well when the moves are not so big.

Best regards, Darwin

Awesome, thanks for the update. As always, I'd encourage you to post a zipped sample here as an attachment for others to learn from if there are no top-secret methodology issues. In this case, just a que and a sample html file for one of the movies would be great.