Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: DirectRT and Vista

DirectRT and Vista

The lab I work in, I access the lab computers through remote desktop on my new laptop which runs on Windows Vista Ultimate. The lab computer I connect to runs on Windows XP Professional. Anyhow, when I access the lab computers, I can run DirectRT but when I load input files where it has videos shown on trials, I get this error:

"1024x768 with 16-bit colour is not supported on this system. The most likely cause of this porblem is colour depth. If you are requesting 24 or 32 bit colour via 'colour.txt' in your experiment folder, make sure your graphics card supports this (many support one or the tother but not both)"

The input file and videos run fine on the computer in the lab, so is this error likely to be because of Vista or just simply the settings on my laptop? I'd like to work from home but can't really if I can't run the videos. Just wanted to know whether it was Vista, my laptop settings or DirectRT.

I don't believe you can run a DirectRT session via remote desktop. I have received the same error myself when I have tried and I have heard similar reports from a few other users. I don't think it matters which version of Windows you are using. If you just need temporary access, we can give you a temp code so you can view the session(s) on your laptop--just let sales@emp...com know the situation.

problem with directRT and Vista

Hi , I'm student in psychology (France) and I use the IAT (young-old) for my measures.
    I've no problem when I use my files with directrt 2004 on XP but when I run an input file with beta version for vista, directRT try to start but after a black screen nothing appear.

What can I do?

Which version of the Vista beta are you using? Also, do any of the basic samples that come with the DirectRT beta run properly?