Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Video display ratio

Video display ratio

I'm trying to present videos in my experiment but I've been having trouble custom define the display ratio of the video box. No matter which dimension I entered, the program simply displayed them as a fixed size rectangular. This seriously distorted my video image.

Strangely when I tested the program on the demonstration videos along with the script that was downloaded from here, I was able to show them at normal ratio and was able to change it whichever way I want.

Then I copied one of my videos and put it in the example stim folder, it worked fine too. That makes me sure that there was nothing wrong with my video images. But when I put all of my videos in the Stim folder and run an edited script, it simply wouldn't work anymore.

Now I really have no clue why this is happening.
    The ratio I was trying to define is sth like:
    _**.avi (458×539)
    _**2.avi (410×561)
    _**7.avi (473×566)
    _**7.avi (452×540)
    Please help me!! Thanks

How do the style (.drt) files differ, i.e., the one in the sample and the one in the folder you are using that doesn't seem to be working? Do they vary, e.g., in terms of the display resolution (under Options) or in the alignment assigned to the different styles?

If you use the style file from the sample to replace the one in the troubled version does that have an impact?

I'm sorry that I forgot to mention that the style files don't make any difference. It's one of the first reasons that made me suspect. And of course I've tried to use the style file from the sample data to replace mine. It just doesn't seem to affect anything.

Can you zip and post or send me (via support@emp...com) a simplified sample that demonstrates the problem?