Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: MediaLab Trouble Shooting: Run-time error '3343':

MediaLab Trouble Shooting: Run-time error '3343':

"Unrecognized database format 'C:\MediaLab\temp.mdb'

Every time I try to run an single experiment in Media Lab I get this error. It pops up just after I choose an experiment to run. Also once I hit the OK button, (only option to choose) MediaLab completely shuts down. I have tried running various experiments and it happens every time. It just started happening today. It was working fine even earlier today but just started, and not sure why, I don't feel like I changed anything or hit a wrong button or anything. I only have one computer with MediaLab on it and need the program to be working on Monday (17th) for subject participants who will be coming in. Is there an easy fix with this problem?

Try replacing the file C:\MediaLab\temp.mdb with the (zipped) version that is attached. This is the original one that comes with the installation (of course, be sure to unzip it!). If it still gives you the error after replacing the exisiting file with this one, then it may be a permissions problem.
    Attached Files Attached Files

That worked!

Thanks so much! I opened it, extracted it to C:\Media Lab and then tried opening up Media Lab and running an experiment . . . it worked just like new!

Thanks so much!

MediaLab Trouble Shooting: Run-time error '3343' - Its happened again

I had this problem once before, a few months ago. I was sent a new temp file and downloaded it to the proper location and everything worked great! Now just today, I had the same thing happen, and received the same error message. I went back to this post and tried downloading the temp file on here and exctracted it to the correct location as before, but it did not seem to work. I still get the same runtime error message. What should I do?

Be sure to delete the old one first. Then unzip and place the new one in there to replace it. To be extra safe, you could turn off your machine and then turn it back on before you start this procedure -- to make sure the file is fully "released" before trying to replace it.

Thanks a million!

I honestly think I was putting it in the wrong file. I was actually placing it in the Temp file within the MediaLab file instead of just placing it in the MediaLab file. I deleted all old versions of the temp doc. and cleared the recycle bin before downloading the version on here.

Thanks so much! I really appreciate the help!