Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: MediaLab doesn't return after running DirectRT

MediaLab doesn't return after running DirectRT

I have programmed a questionnaire file. As part of it, the file launches a DirectRT routine just fine. However, at the conclusion of the DirectRT run, I am left with a blank blue screen with a black border. MediaLab does not continue to the next instruction screen. What am I doing wrong?

There is only one DirectRT routine in the questionnaire file. I am using MediaLab 2008 v1.21 and DirectRT 2008 v1.0.0.13 on Vista.
    Last edited by rabinowitzj; 02-18-2008 at 02:45 PM. Reason: Providing more information

Is this the special beta version of DirectRT that is being made available for testing on Vista? Does the DirectRT session run ok on its own (i.e., if not run through MediaLab)?

Yes, as of two weeks ago, I was using the latest Vista version of DirectRT. I am using the version that was included in the drt2008vista3.exe file.

And yes, the DirectRT routine runs well on its own. (Actually, it runs well in the MediaLab questionnaire file too. But when it's done, MediaLab does not continue to the next command.)

DirectRT for Vista Alpha Version

Thanks for reporting this, I'll see if we can find the problem and have it resolved in the next update.

Also, when you run it on its own have you had a chance to review some sample data to ensure the structure and values all look appropriate?

The data are successfully written to the DirectRT subject files. However, the data don't appear to be written to the byquestionnaire MediaLab file. (Not that there's much to write. However, even the questionnaire number isn't recorded.)
    Last edited by rabinowitzj; 02-28-2008 at 05:24 PM.

What happens if you exclude the DirectRT session--are all the MediaLab data written ok? I'm surprised any data are written at all if MediaLab is simply freezing since they are not supposed to get written until the end of the session.

Let me be clear: Only the DirectRT data are being written successfully...which makes sense to me, as the DirectRT run does finish. However, no data are written to the MediaLab output files.

But, yes, if I remove the DirectRT portion of the questionnaire, then MediaLab does complete the questionnaire and successfully writes the data.

So both packages are running successfully on their own. The problem appears to be that DirectRT does not "hand back" control to MediaLab so that the questionnaire file can finish.

This checks out and we're fixing it for the next revision. Should have it available this week.

Revised Vista version

Any word on when the repair will be available?

Yes, I'll email you the link. We're up to beta version 6 and I think we got that issue resolved in the 5th.