Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Voice response to multiple files

Voice response to multiple files

Hi,
    I want to collect the voice response to a visual problem while collecting keyboard responses to auditory stimuli.
    I managed to get partial there by using: rt:50,51,52,53,full,aud,rec,1000
    This only works partially, as I am presenting multiple stimuli in a trial, and the auditory response keeps getting saved to the same file name.
    In essence, I end up with only one wav file per trial that has the voice response for ONLY the last stimuli in the trial, when each trial has many stimuli.
    I wanted/need voice responses for each stimuli. What can I do to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

I don't think this issue has come up before. I can see the potential of conflict though in having multiple recorded .wav files within the same trial as DirectRT uses the trial ID to name the sound file. I don't think there is an easy way around this. I can imagine a couple workarounds but you would need a programmer and it sounds like you are in a hurry. I don't think there is an easy or quick solution unless you can manage to restructure the trials such that you are collecting only one .wav file per trial. I don't think that's going to help in your case though. If you are interested in what would be an at least moderately complicated solution let me know and I can elaborate. Gist would be to write a small application that continuously monitors the wav file folder and appends the current time to the file name whenever a new file appears within that folder.

Any update on this thread?

Hi guys,
    I also have a program where I need to collect 2 voice responses in one trial. Have you guys worked around this problem yet? I can get the 2 RTs but I need to know WHAT they responded for both of the questions.
    The only thing I can think of is to write 2 lines of code for each trial-but the 2 stims need to follow each other by 500ms, so I don't think that would work?
    I have no programming savvy to enable me to write a program that would rename duplicate sound files.
    Thanks, Lori

HEY! could I use rtr: aud, rec to record 2 adjacent trials?
    Last edited by laltmann; 03-27-2012 at 06:00 PM.

Could you use back to back trials and use a 500ms trial interval as set in the style (.drt) file?

PS., Yes, that's my long way of saying "No, we didn't build in a fix for this yet" :P