Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: RT feedback before response

RT feedback before response

I saw that the minmax function says "please respond faster" after a response that takes longer than the max time. Is it possible to make a sentence appear that says "please respond as quickly as possible" on the screen when the max time is reached before they respond?

You could make "please respond faster" the second stimulus on the same trial. Then if it automatically continues to that point, the overall reaction time would be the sum of the two. If they do respond in time, then you could skip them out immediately without going to that second stimulus.

Quote Originally Posted by jarvis24 View Post
    You could make "please respond faster" the second stimulus on the same trial. Then if it automatically continues to that point, the overall reaction time would be the sum of the two. If they do respond in time, then you could skip them out immediately without going to that second stimulus.
    isn't it also possible to simply go into the Min-Max settings in the Styles, choose a style that has a man-max, then change the default sentance with the options menu to say whatever you like? Thats what i did with a variation on a IAT and it seems to work fine; just apply the min-maxed style to whatever stimulus you're using and it should display what you changed the dafault to.

Only problem is that you then can't get the feedback displayed on the same screen as the stimulus--it would be cleared first.