Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: video question

video question

I am presenting short video clips and collecting responses. The problem I am encountering is that the videos stop playing before they should - before they are finished. Any idea why?

Thanks.

Do they all reliably stop playing after the same amount of time? And then what happens? What do you have specified in the time columns for the various videos?

video follow-up

Do they all reliably stop playing after the same amount of time?

** I haven't been able to time this exactly, but it does not appear so. They all start fine, but they seem to stop at different times. But again, I have not timed this exactly.

And then what happens?
    ** The program simply waits for a response. The video remains on the screen, but not moving, until a response is made.

What do you have specified in the time columns for the various videos?

rt:21,49 for all of them

Thanks.

Never heard of this before so I can't tell you much. My first thought would be that it might have something to do with system resources (e.g., memory) but it's so hard to say. Is it possible to replicate the effect on any other machines?

video_final

I have it working now.

The video clips had some glitches/scratches in them. DRT would play the clips up to the glitch/scratch and then stop. By cleaning up the clips and editing out some of the glitch/scratches, the program worked.

I should note that the videos played fine in windows media player and real player.

Just curious--what do you mean by a scratched video clip? If they are small enough could you send one to us at support@emp...com so I can take a look at it (i.e., with scratches and such included)?