Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: overwriting data

overwriting data

Hello
    We designed an experiment at DirectRT and we want to run it with Medialab with que. file. We designed 8 conditions, each of them contains 3 lines (position 1, 2, 3, two csv files and one que). Our intention was that each subject will get one condition. We write Subject ID when we begin the session but the problem is that when it moved from one csv file to the second it poped a warning that the subject Id is already existent and if we want to replace it, if we say no it finish the session without moving to the next csv file.
    How do we save all the three files of one condition at the same subject ID (without stopping the continuity of the condition)??

Thank
    Avital (Eva's lab)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Are you intensionally using the following feature described in the manual or is it just a coincidence?

An Alternative Method
    If you have many different versions of an input file and don't want the data from each one put in a separate folder then you can do the following: Name your input files with common name (e.g., input) and then use an underscore and an ID, e.g., input_1.csv, input_2.csv, etc.). DirectRT will create folder in the data directory using the common name and will place any data from input file sharing that common name in the same folder. E.g., c:\input files\data\input. You will be able to identify exactly which input file the subject received because it's written to the log data file.

The reason I ask is that if you avoided the file naming format above, you should be able to avoid this problem. You could also turn off the overwrite warning on the DirectRT Tools menu but I don't think that is going to solve your issue. You might also want to check out the section in MediaLab regarding running two DirectRT session back to back--in terms of having some kind of separator in between them.

Had the same problem with DirectRT overwriting data

Thanks for letting me know about the filename convention, since I unintentionnaly used it (e.g., "RC_I" and "RC_I_CARS"). when the experiment would run the second file it would ask to overwrite data, and I didn't know why.

I did resolve this issue differently: I kept the same naming convention, but I put each input files into a different folder (in terms of file structure). As a result, I endup with two distinct data folders.

Did the same

Eventually, I solved the problem at the same way, with two different files for part 1 and for part 2

Thanks any way