Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Experiment can't find bitmap

Experiment can't find bitmap

Hi - I have a peculiar problem: I have created several questionnaires that pull bitmap images from a subfolder, and it works perfectly when I run each questionnaire in isolation; however, after creating and running an Experiment file which combines these questionnaires, an error message comes about telling me that the bitmap images were not found.

Is this some kind of folder structure issue? The experiment file is at the top of the folder structure such as: Experiment/Questionnaire1/bitmaps1

Thanks!

Relative versus absolute paths issue

I guess I found out the answer by playing around with relative versus absolut paths. I thought that by setting a file structure with the main experiment file on top of the file structure and adding all other questionnaires and images in subfolders I would be able to use relative paths for all the questionnaires. However, I found out that I need to use absolut paths for all questionnaires that are in subfolders which call for bitmaps that are in sub-subfolders (e.g., experiment\questionnaire1\bitmap1). Therefore, if your questionnaire is in a subfolder from the main experiment file, you have to set absolut paths to all your questionnaires when they access bitmaps.

This is a hassle when I need to move the entire experiment onto another computer which has a different file structure. Maybe it's possible to keep it relative but I don't know how.