Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Controlling and selecting videos

Controlling and selecting videos

[edited by moderator]

Participant view a video and are then asked to watch another video to establish if they have learned a set of cues from the first video. They need to have controls for the second video.

They are then asked to respond to a set of questions.

Next, they are shown a third video.

Then there are four short video-taped responses from which they need to select one as the most likely given the previous information. They need to be able to independently control each of these video responses, and get the information that they need in order to be able to respond appropriately.

Ben
    Last edited by jarvis24; 01-21-2008 at 05:03 PM.

I edited your question for brevity--I hope I got the main points correct (I was a bit confused by the origional so please correct it wherever necessary). Showing multiple videos and having subjects select a video from a set they have seen can be done. Right now there is no built in function to allow subjects to control the video while the movie is playing. Could be done as a custom item in HTML possibly. Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by jarvis24 View Post
    I edited your question for brevity--I hope I got the main points correct (I was a bit confused by the origional so please correct it wherever necessary). Showing multiple videos and having subjects select a video from a set they have seen can be done. Right now there is no built in function to allow subjects to control the video while the movie is playing. Could be done as a custom item in HTML possibly. Hope that helps.
    Let me make this more clear, then, with an event timeline.
    1. Video Setup (Establishing Scene)
    2. Video Question
    3. Video Responses
    A. Subject has 4 potential responses, all in video format, that they need to be able to watch, rewatch, and consider
    B. Subject makes selection
    4. New Video Question (another scenario with same actors, building off (1))
    5. Video Responses
    A. Subject has 4 potential responses, all in video format, that they need to be able to watch, rewatch, and consider
    B. Subject makes selection
    6. Repeat steps 2-5 ad nauseam.

I need to be able to arbitrarily clear the screen/ of some elements, while retaining the original establishing scenario if I wish (I have not yet decided if this is desirable).

The user needs to be able to rewatch the question video and/or the response video, but not control them while playing. Or, at the very least, I need to be able to decide that they do. This is, of course, extremely important in our decision in purchasing medialab.

Please respond.
    Last edited by borchard; 01-22-2008 at 10:17 AM. Reason: Accidental early submission/additional clarity