Hi,

This is a topic I have brought up before, so I am sorry for raising it again. I am looking to capture joystick or mouse movements continuously every second or at an even finer distinction. I know DirectRT does this very well. However, DirectRT does not seem to allow me to provide the graphical feedback real time to the subject. In other words, the subject cannot see the scales on which s/he is evaluating an item. Ideally, I would like to present an image on one side and a graphical window on the other that shows the mouse/joystick movement as a moving cursor in the XY plane. Medialab has the custom item feature, so I am not sure whether a possible option is for me to embed the image in an HTML form and have a javascript to capture the continuous movements. I have a consultant who is willing to write a java script program for me, but he needs some guidance. Specifically, if I designate the HTML form as a custom item, will Medialab be able to store the XY coordinates from the javascript program? Or, does the programmer have to also enable writing of the data to a separate csv file?
Would greatly appreciate a prompt reply!!!!